Dark Circle Cures That Actually Work
Waking up in the morning and catching the sight of yourself in the mirror is daunting if you’re prone to dark circles and puffiness underneath your eyes.
Without doubt, dark circles and bags make us all look older and not only tired – exhausted! Dark circles can attack at any age too, they aren’t just for the over 40’s but as you age, your skin become even more prone to these unsightly looking shadows highlighting the under eye area.
That’s all very well (or not really) but the question is -can they be banished?
At Naturology – we say yes, there’s plenty you can do to target dark circles and wake up with sparkly, clear eyes without bags and brown shadows!
Let’s face it – no one likes bags unless they are the soft, buttery leather kind with a designer name attached to them! We’ve put together our tips and suggestions especially for you, if you’re a sufferer.
The good news is they can be reduced and even removed completely with a few positive and easy to make lifestyle changes. They are not a serious problem but they aren’t very attractive. If you suffer with dark shadows under your eyes it’s due to the following:
- Getting older
- Dehydrated skin
- Lack of sleep
Do you suffer from any of the above? Hone in on the area or areas of concern, such as diet and dehydration or lack of sleep and stress and start the process of removing dark circles with our help.
Firstly – the easiest and cheapest cure is drinking water, we suggest you drink lots of it! Water really does flush impurities out of your body. It rehydrates and boosts skin’s elasticity.
In an ideal world, you should drink 2 litres or 8 glasses a day. Once you start including this into your daily routine it becomes second nature. Just take a bottle of water wherever you go and sip it every half an hour or thereabouts, you will see a difference in a few weeks!
Examine your diet. Fatty foods, lack of vegetables, protein and good carbohydrates eventually tell in your eyes. Eyes that sparkle are down to good diet, eating healthily and not ingesting too much sugar and fat. If you don’t eat, your eyes will look dull and lifeless so make sure you have three good meals a day and avoid sugary, fatty foods.
Use the above combination of healthy diet, water and Naturology‘s all natural and gentle eye-enhancing serum.
If you put chemicals under your eyes they can damage skin. Creams with parabens, phthalates and sulphate are not good for the epidermis or the dermis and can affect hormone production.
Our natural serum was developed especially to hone in on reducing and banishing dark shadows, minimising bags and giving eyes a brighter sparkle. A few days of using our serum gives you more youthful and replenished skin round the eyes.
Our serum is made with natural vitamins, antioxidants and ingredients so eyes look their best every day. Not only does our serum get rid of dark circles, it smooths away lines and wrinkles helping to repair damaged, dry skin so it is gently refreshed. This serum combined with a healthy lifestyle really works.
Here are some other things you can do to wave goodbye to dark shadows and puffiness:
- Get at least 7 hours sleep if you can
- Splash face with very cold water every morning after waking
- Drink a hot glass of water with a slice of lemon to cleanse impurities inside your body
- Use Naturology Eye-enhancing serum (obviously!) just dot it lightly around the circle area beneath your eyes from the bridge of your nose out to the far corner
- Rest from using a computer regularly (eyes become tired looking at a screen for too long)
- Drink 2 litres of water a day
- For very bad circles and puffiness, slice cold cucumbers and place on eyes for 10-15 minutes, they will reduce the swollen bags underneath eyes and refresh the delicate skin in this area
- Use a moisturiser or serum with sunscreen (our Vitamin C Age Defying Serum for eyes has UV protection too)
- Use a primer under make up and choose one with brightening ingredients so skin is prepared well
- Use a good quality under eye concealer with a brush to hide dark circles and apply it in thin layers rather than in one go. Perhaps go to a reputable make up counter and get advice for a colour to match your skin tone. Take it with you when out so you can touch up dark spots when you see them!
- Use shimmery eye make up to brighten up eyes and mascara is excellent to open eyes and detract from shadows and circles
- White eye liner in the rims always brightens eyes
- At the end of the day, always remove your make up and do it very gently especially around the eye area
Hopefully these suggestions will get rid of your dark circles and puffiness for good – start ringing the changes (literally) today!
- Mark Wallace